Frequent Buyer Program
Frequent Buyer Benefits
Our Frequent Buyer Program is our way of saying "Thank You" to all the customers who choose to shop at Harvard Book Store, a locally owned independent bookstore. Sign up for a free card now.
It's free to sign up, and members will receive the following benefits:
- For every $100 you make in qualifying purchases* (see below for exceptions), you earn a 20% discount on a single purchase (at Harvard Book Store or on harvard.com) up to $200. Discounts can be used right away, or we can store them in our system until you’re ready to use them.
- Eligibility for our annual Frequent Buyer Sale: Our Frequent Buyers receive 20% off all qualifying purchases, with no dollar limit—at Harvard Book Store and online at harvard.com—at our annual Frequent Buyer Sale each fall. Check harvard.com/events for details, and bring your holiday shopping list!
- 20% Off Best Sellers: Our weekly best sellers are 20% off for members of the Frequent Buyer Program, in the store and online at harvard.com! View our weekly Best Sellers here.
- 20% Off Monthly Featured Titles: Our monthly featured titles, part of our "Select Seventy," are 20% off for members of the Frequent Buyer Program, in the store and online at harvard.com! View our Featured Titles here.
Use your Frequent Buyer Card for harvard.com purchases:
- To apply a Frequent Buyer discount that you have earned, note this request in the comments field of your order—"Please use my Frequent Buyer 20% off discount!" We will be able to apply the discount retroactively when we process the order. You won't see the discount reflected when you click submit, but it will be applied to your purchase before the final charge to your credit card.
- To receive 20% off on Best Sellers and Featured Titles, log in to "MY ACCOUNT" with your harvard.com username and the discount will automatically applied to your eligible selections at checkout. If you don't see the discount applied to the best sellers in your order, make a note in the comments that you are a Frequent Buyer member and we'll apply the discount when your order is processed.
- Aren't sure if you have accrued a Frequent Buyer discount? Call the store or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will add your qualifying harvard.com purchases to your Frequent Buyer card by looking up your name. You can also note that you have a Frequent Buyer account or enter your customer number in the comments field of your order.
Have questions about benefits and online member discounts? Email email@example.com.
* What are qualifying purchases?
- Most categories of merchandise sold at Harvard Book Store in Harvard Square, including used books and remainders, count as qualifying purchases for the Frequent Buyer Program.
- Exceptions to in-store purchases qualifying for the program include merchandise already discounted (sale items sold at 10% or 20% off, e.g. Holiday Hundred, Select Seventy titles, Featured Titles, Best Sellers, and Frequent Buyer redemptions), gift cards, and gift codes. Purchases made off-site and via third parties (e.g. books at events, event tickets, books bundled with event tickets, books at our Warehouse Sales, book sales via our affiliate storefront at Bookshop.org and Libro.fm, merchandise from Bonfire) are excluded, as well as Signed First Edition Club subscriptions, Quick Gift Bundles, and Print-on-Demand fees.
- Although online clothing purchases may count toward future discounts, accrued discounts may not be applied to them.
New This Week
Shop this week's new arrivals, updated every Tuesday.Learn More »
Shipping & Curbside Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
Tote bags and pouches
in a variety of styles,
sizes, and designs, plus mugs, bookmarks, and more!
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »