Frequent Buyer Program
Frequent Buyer Benefits
Our Frequent Buyer Program is our way of saying "Thank You" to all the customers who choose to shop at Harvard Book Store, a locally owned independent bookstore. It's free to sign up, and members will receive the following benefits:
- For every $100 you make in qualifying purchases* (see below for exceptions), you earn a 20% discount on a single purchase (at Harvard Book Store or on harvard.com) up to $200. Discounts can be used right away, or we can store them in our system until you’re ready to use them.
- Eligibility for our annual Frequent Buyer Sale: One day a year, our Frequent Buyers receive 20% off all qualifying purchases, with no dollar limit—at Harvard Book Store and online at harvard.com. The Frequent Buyer Sale usually takes place the first Sunday of November each year. Check harvard.com/events for details, and bring your holiday shopping list!
- 20% Off Best Sellers: Our weekly best sellers are 20% off for members of the Frequent Buyer Program, in the store and online at harvard.com!
Use your Frequent Buyer Card for harvard.com purchases:
- Note your card number (or simply note that you have an account, and we'll look it up) in the comments field of your order
- To apply the 20% off on Best Sellers, log in to "MY ACCOUNT" with your harvard.com username to have the discount automatically applied to your eligible selections. If you don't see the discount applied, make a note in the comments that you are a Frequent Buyer member and we'll apply the discount when your order is processed.
- Aren't sure if you have accrued a Frequent Buyer discount? Call the store or email us at email@example.com.
- If you would like to apply a Frequent Buyer discount that you have earned, note this request in the comments field of your order. We will be able to apply the discount retroactively when we process the order. You won't see the discount reflected when you click submit, but it will be applied to your purchase before the final charge to your credit card.
Have questions about benefits and online member discounts? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* What are qualifying purchases?
- Most categories of merchandise sold at Harvard Book Store in Harvard Square, including used books and remainders, count as qualifying purchases for the Frequent Buyer Program.
- Exceptions to in-store purchases qualifying for the program include merchandise already discounted (sale items sold at 10% or 20% off, e.g. 10% off Holiday Hundred, 20% off Select Seventy titles, 20% off Best Sellers, and Frequent Buyer redemptions), gift cards, and gift codes. Purchases made off-site and via third parties (e.g. books at events, event tickets, books bundled with event tickets, books at our Warehouse Sales, book sales via our affiliate storefront at Bookshop.org and Libro.fm) are excluded, as well as Signed First Edition Club subscriptions and Quick Gift Bundles.
- Although online clothing purchases may count toward future discounts, accrued discounts may not be applied to them.
Shipping & Curbside Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
New This Week
Shop this week's new arrivals, updated every Tuesday.Learn More »
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »