During our busy holiday shopping season we will not be reviewing or accepting new consignment applications. This page will be updated in January with the consignment form, and will begin accepting new applications at that time.
Thank you for your interest in Harvard Book Store.
We accept items for sale on the judgment of the store's buyers. These decisions are made balancing our careful use of shelf space with our judgement of the saleability of the item offered. Please provide as many details about the book as possible, and a buyer will follow up within two weeks.
Consignment items are accepted only under the following terms:
- Harvard Book Store cannot accept any consignment item at a discount below 40% (i.e. For each book sold, Harvard Book Store will pay 60% of the cover price to the consignor).
- Harvard Book Store will only consider consignments from authors who are local to the Cambridge area. Harvard Book Store is unable to pay for sold consignment items via mail, nor mail or ship unsold consignment items. All transactions must take place in person, in the store.
- All consignment books must include a spine with a visible title. Harvard Book Store will not accept books that are spiral-bound or staple-bound.
- The consignor must check on stock and claim in person all unsold copies within three months after the most recent stock was received, at which time Harvard Book Store will pay for all copies sold or unaccounted for. Any unsold stock remaining after that date will be considered abandoned and disposed of.
- Harvard Book Store is not responsible for returning nor reimbursing abandoned consignment items.
- Harvard Book Store is not responsible for the condition of unsold consignment items.
- Harvard Book Store does not review or accept new consignments during the holiday shopping season (November 1–January 15).
Please do not mail any copies of your book to Harvard Book Store. Unsolicited books received by mail are the property of Harvard Book Store and will be donated or disposed of accordingly.
Tote bags and pouches
in a variety of styles,
sizes, and designs, plus mugs, bookmarks, and more!
Shipping & Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »