David Duchovny Book Signing
for his latest book
May 2, 2018
4:00 PM ET
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
$28.00 (online only, book included) - On Sale Now
Harvard Book Store welcomes award-winning actor, writer, producer, and director DAVID DUCHOVNY for a signing of his latest novel, Miss Subways.
Our Brattle Theatre event with David Duchovny is now sold out, but we're pleased to add this in-store book signing event to the schedule! The signing will take place from 4–5pm on Wednesday, May 2nd. Arrive early to ensure your spot in line! Can't make it to the signing? Order a signed copy of Miss Subways here.
- This is a book signing event only. See the event's signing guidelines below.
- Each ticket includes 1 copy of Miss Subways and admission to the signing line.
Tickets and Book Pickup
- Tickets are required to join the signing line. Each ticket admits one (1) and includes one (1) copy of Miss Subways.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Additional copies of Miss Subways as well as copies of David Duchovny's novels Holy Cow and Bucky F*cking Dent will also be available for purchase at Harvard Book Store.
- Books included with ticket purchase can be picked up the evening of the signing, but not before.
- The signing will begin at 4:00pm on Wednesday, May 2nd, at Harvard Book Store.
- Doors will open to the signing line shortly before 4. Until then the line will form outside the store, down Plympton Street (towards Mount Auburn Street).
- Ticket holders will receive their books when checking in on the evening of the event.
Signing Line Guidelines
- This book signing is limited to copies of Miss Subways and backlist titles—no memorabilia.
- Due to limited time, no photography is allowed.
About Miss Subways
New York Times bestselling author David Duchovny reimagines the Irish mythological figure of Emer in Miss Subways, a darkly comic fantasy love story set in New York City.
Emer is just a woman living in New York City who takes the subway, buys ice cream from the bodega on the corner, has writerly aspirations, and lives with her boyfriend, Con. But is this life she lives the only path she’s on? Taking inspiration from the myth of Emer and Cuchulain and featuring an all-star cast of mythical figures from all over the world, David Duchovny’s darkly funny fantasy novel Miss Subways is one woman’s trippy, mystical journey down parallel tracks of time and love. On the way, Emer will battle natural and supernatural forces to find her true voice, power, and destiny. A fairytale of love lost and regained, Miss Subways is also a love letter to the city that enchants us all: New York.
Tickets for this event will be available online only. Books may only be picked up at the venue the night of the event, and cannot be picked up in-store beforehand.
Tickets are non-refundable and non-returnable.
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 2 minutes
As you exit the station, reverse your direction and walk east along Mass. Ave. in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. Cross Dunster St. and proceed along Mass. Ave for three more blocks. You will pass Au Bon Pain, JP Licks, and TD Bank. Harvard Book Store is located at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Plympton St.
Unable to attend a Harvard Book Store author event? You can still pre-order a signed book by one of our visiting authors.
While we can't guarantee fulfillment of a signed book pre-order, our authors are almost always able to sign extra books to fulfill such orders.
Ordering a signed book on harvard.com:
- Add the book to your shopping cart and then click Checkout.
- Specify in Order Comments that you want a signed copy of the book.
- Please note: online orders for signed copies must be placed at least one business day before the event. If you are ordering the day of, please call us instead.
Ordering a signed book by phone:
- Call us at (617) 661-1515 and one of our booksellers will take your order. Specify you'd like a signed copy.
- If you are requesting a personalized inscription and/or requesting your book be shipped, we'll need to take down credit card information. If you are planning to pick up the signed book in the store, you can pay on pick-up.
Can I request a personalized inscription?
Unless otherwise noted, we are happy to take requests for the author to sign your book to a specific person, but we can't guarantee it. If you do get a personalized inscription, the book will be non-returnable. We will require credit card information when you place the order.
Do signed books cost more?
There is no extra fee for a signed book!
Do I have to pick it up in the store, or can you deliver my signed book?
As with all web or phone orders, we can hold your book for in-store pickup, or ship it anywhere in the country.
I am planning to attend an author event. Do I need to pre-order a book?
No need. We'll be selling books at the event, and nearly all of our events include a signing at the end of the talk.
More questions? Give us a call!
Tote bags and pouches
in a variety of styles,
sizes, and designs, plus mugs, bookmarks, and more!
Shipping & Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »