Frequent Buyer Sale: Day One
Shop Early, Shop Local
20% off your purchases!
in-store with your Frequent Buyer Card or
with our coupon code on harvard.com
Fri, October 16–Sun, Oct 18
October 16, 2020
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
This event is free; no tickets are required.
One of the highlights of our fall calendar each year is our annual Frequent Buyer Sale, an opportunity to kick off holiday shopping and stock up on the most buzzed-about and award-winning new books of the year. (Learn more about Frequent Buyer card benefits here.)
2020 is, of course, unlike other years. As we'll be shouting from the rooftops this month—shop early! shop local! and October is the new December! And the Frequent Buyer Sale will be a bit different this year.
- It's earlier. We are encouraging our customers to shop earlier than usual for the holidays this year. We're still offering 20% off your purchases for the annual sale, which will take place in October instead of November.
- It's three days instead of one. We have limited hours and a limited capacity in the bookstore due to COVID-19 protocols, so we're expanding the sale to take place over three days.
- We're strongly recommending customers shop the sale online this year, given the limited capacity and safety protocols in place in the store. You don't need a Frequent Buyer card to earn the discount at harvard.com. Just use coupon code SHOPEARLY at checkout during the sale on Friday, October 16 through Sunday, October 18 for 20% off.
- For those shopping in-store, you must have a Frequent Buyer card to earn the discount. We will not be signing up new members during the sale, so sign up before October 15th!
- The used book and bargain basement will be closed to the public. Starting October 10th the used books basement will close for the year. We'll be transforming this space into socially distanced work stations to pack up and mail out all your harvard.com purchases.
- We are launching our Holiday Hundred list early this year! These are one hundred titles that we think will make great gifts, with something for everyone on your list. The Holiday Hundred will be available to shop during the Frequent Buyer Sale, and the 20% discount extends to Holiday Hundred titles—even those not yet released and available to pre-order! (Once the sale concludes, Holiday Hundred titles will be 10% off the rest of the year, but only for Frequent Buyer members!)
Sign up for a Frequent Buyer card BEFORE October 15th to be eligible for the sale if you are shopping in person. Don′t worry, you don′t need to be able to track down your physical card . . . we are always happy to look up your account. If you are shopping online, just use coupon code SHOPEARLY.
Here are our shopping hours for the Frequent Buyer Sale:
- Friday, October 16: 11am to 6pm
- Saturday, October 17: 11am to 7pm
- Sunday, October 18: 11am to 6pm
Curbside pickup services will continue normally during the sale.
Shopping from home? Thank you! Our Frequent Buyer Sale will also take place online at harvard.com, and you don't need a Frequent Buyer account to be eligible for the online sale! Simply use coupon code SHOPEARLY at checkout to receive the discount.
- New and remainder books (remainder books only available in-store)
- Print-on-demand titles in our database
- Cards, calendars, stationary
- Clothing, tote bags, mugs
- Chocolate, nuts, gift items
- Special orders placed and paid for on the day of the sale
- Web orders placed on harvard.com with coupon code SHOPEARLY
The sale does not compound the discount on already 10% or 20% off discounted items. Gift cards, Signed First Edition Club subscriptions, event tickets, books bundled with event tickets, self publishing fees, and periodicals are not included in the sale.
Ask a bookseller or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Frequent Buyer Membership
Our Frequent Buyer Program is our way of saying "Thank You" to all the customers who choose to shop at Harvard Book Store, a locally owned independent bookstore. It's free to sign up, and members will receive various benefits beyond the annual Frequent Buyer Sale! Learn more at www.harvard.com/clubs_services/frequent_buyer_program.
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 2 minutes
As you exit the station, reverse your direction and walk east along Mass. Ave. in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. Cross Dunster St. and proceed along Mass. Ave for three more blocks. You will pass Au Bon Pain, JP Licks, and TD Bank. Harvard Book Store is located at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Plympton St.
“Up Late” Shirt Design
Now available as a hoodie! Order deadline is Nov 6th! This fundraiser supports the future of Harvard Book Store.Learn More »
Pardon the Delay!
We're experiencing an enormous and unprecedented order volume at this time (and we're grateful for that!)—please expect delays on harvard.com orders.Learn More »
New This Week
Shop this week's new arrivals, updated every Tuesday.Learn More »