Frequent Buyer Sale: Day Two
Shop Early, Shop Local
20% off your purchases!
in-store with your Frequent Buyer Card or
with our coupon code on harvard.com
Sat, Oct. 22–Sun, Oct. 23
October 23, 2022
10:00 AM ET
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
This event is free; no tickets are required.
One of the highlights of our fall calendar each year is our annual Frequent Buyer Sale, an opportunity to kick off holiday shopping. (Learn more about Frequent Buyer card benefits here.)
20% Off Sale
Take 20% off your purchases during our annual Frequent Buyer Sale weekend, in-store or online.
- If you’re shopping on harvard.com, you don't need a Frequent Buyer card to earn the discount during the sale weekend. Just use coupon code SHOPLOCAL at checkout during the sale on Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23 for 20% off. We will sign you up for our Frequent Buyer card and our email newsletter if you aren't signed up already.
- For those shopping in-store, you must have a Frequent Buyer card to earn the discount.We will not be signing up new members during the sale, so sign up before October 22nd!
- For those shopping online, please know that our Frequent Buyer Sale is the busiest time of year for our team of web booksellers. Depending on order volume, it is likely that most orders will take a minimum of 2 weeks to be processed and ready for pickup or mailout (particularly if your order includes items not in stock.) You will be contacted when your order is ready, and we thank you for your patience! Our team will also contact you with with ETAs for items that are not in stock, with the option to cancel them from your order if you prefer. (And we hope to exceed expectations with a quicker turnaround as much as possible!)
Sign up for a Frequent Buyer card before October 22nd to be eligible for the sale if you are shopping in person. Don′t worry, you don′t need your physical card, we are always happy to look up your account. If you are shopping online, just use coupon code SHOPLOCAL.
Here are our shopping hours for the Frequent Buyer Sale. Curbside pickup services will continue normally during the sale.
- Saturday, October 22: 9am to 11pm (special extented hours!)
- Sunday, October 23: 10am to 9pm
Shopping from home? Our Frequent Buyer Sale will also take place online at harvard.com, and you don't need a Frequent Buyer account to be eligible for the online sale! Simply use coupon code SHOPLOCAL at checkout to receive the discount. If you are not yet a Frequent Buyer, we’ll sign you up for a free Frequent Buyer Card and our email newsletter.
- New books
- Remainders (remaindered books are only available in-store)
- Boxed holiday cards
- Cards, calendars, stationary
- Clothing, tote bags, mugs
- Chocolate, puzzles, gift items (sold in-store)
- Special orders placed and paid for on the day of the sale
- Web orders placed on harvard.com with coupon code SHOPLOCAL
The sale does not compound the discount on already 20% off discounted items. Gift cards, online gift codes, Signed First Edition Club subscriptions, event tickets, books bundled with event tickets, and periodicals are not included in the sale. Purchases made off-site and via third parties (our affiliate storefront at Bookshop.org and Libro.fm, merchandise from Bonfire) are also excluded.
Ask a bookseller or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Frequent Buyer Membership
Our Frequent Buyer Program is our way of saying thank you to all the customers who choose to shop at Harvard Book Store, a locally owned independent bookstore. It's free to sign up, and members will receive various benefits beyond the annual Frequent Buyer Sale! Learn more here.
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 2 minutes
As you exit the station, reverse your direction and walk east along Mass. Ave. in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. Cross Dunster St. and proceed along Mass. Ave for three more blocks. You will pass Au Bon Pain, JP Licks, and TD Bank. Harvard Book Store is located at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Plympton St.
Tote bags and pouches
in a variety of styles,
sizes, and designs, plus mugs, bookmarks, and more!
Shipping & Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »