The Cast of America’s Test Kitchen
How to Unlock Flavor in 50 of our Favorite Ingredients
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
There will be a standby line at the door
This event includes a book signing
December 6, 2016
(Doors at 5:30)
40 Brattle St., Cambridge, MA 02138
$5.00 - On Sale Now
Harvard Book Store welcomes back the cast of America's Test Kitchen for our annual ATK event at the Brattle Theatre.
JACK BISHOP, JULIA COLLIN DAVISON, BRIDGET LANCASTER, LISA MCMANUS, and ADAM RIED will present ATK's latest cookbooks, including the evening's featured title, Cook's Science: How to Unlock Flavor in 50 of our Favorite Ingredients—the all-new companion to the New York Times–bestselling The Science of Good Cooking, highlighting 50 of our favorite ingredients and the (sometimes surprising) science behind them.
About Cook's Science
Each chapter explains the science behind one of the 50 ingredients in a short, informative essay—topics ranging from pork shoulder to apples to quinoa to dark chocolate—before moving onto an original (and sometimes quirky) experiment, performed in our test kitchen and designed to show how the science works. The book includes 50 dynamic, full-page color illustrations, giving in-depth looks at individual ingredients, "family trees" of ingredients, and cooking techniques like sous vide, dehydrating, and fermentation. The 400+ foolproof recipes included take the science into the kitchen, and range from crispy fried chicken wings to meaty-tasting vegetarian chili, coconut layer cake to strawberry rhubarb pie.
Event Book Sales
Our featured book for this year's ATK event is the new Cook's Science, which will also be for sale at the event for 20% off.
Pre-sales tickets will each include a copy of Cook's Science.
Also available for purchase that evening:
- What Good Cooks Know: 20 Years of Test Kitchen Expertise in One Essential Handbook (Learn more)
- The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2017 (Learn more)
- The Best of America's Test Kitchen 2017: The Year's Best Recipes, Equipment Reviews, and Tastings (Learn more)
- Bread Illustrated: A Step-By-Step Guide to Achieving Bakery-Quality Results At Home (Learn more)
- Naturally Sweet: Bake All Your Favorites with 30% to 50% Less Sugar (Learn more)
- Cook It in Cast Iron: Kitchen-Tested Recipes for the One Pan That Does It All (Learn more)
ATK will be providing treats for attendees to sample during the event!
UPDATE: Tickets for this event are sold out. Please note, we are often able to accommodate additional attendees from a standby line for sold out events. View our Sold Out Event FAQ for more information.
Tickets are non-refundable and non-returnable.
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 10 minutes
As you exit the station, cross Mass. Ave. and proceed along Brattle St. Follow Brattle St. as it curves to the right in Brattle Square (follow the sidewalk on the right side of the street). The Brattle will be on the left-hand side of the street. The building is shared with Algiers Cafe and Alden & Harlow Restaurant, and the theatre entrance is on the left side of the building—look for the sidewalk poster case and marquee.
Unable to attend a Harvard Book Store author event? You can still pre-order a signed book by one of our visiting authors.
While we can't guarantee fulfillment of a signed book pre-order, our authors are almost always able to sign extra books to fulfill such orders.
Ordering a signed book on harvard.com:
- Add the book to your shopping cart and then click Checkout.
- Specify in Order Comments that you want a signed copy of the book.
- Please note: online orders for signed copies must be placed at least one business day before the event. If you are ordering the day of, please call us instead.
Ordering a signed book by phone:
- Call us at (617) 661-1515 and one of our booksellers will take your order. Specify you'd like a signed copy.
- If you are requesting a personalized inscription and/or requesting your book be shipped, we'll need to take down credit card information. If you are planning to pick up the signed book in the store, you can pay on pick-up.
Can I request a personalized inscription?
Unless otherwise noted, we are happy to take requests for the author to sign your book to a specific person, but we can't guarantee it. If you do get a personalized inscription, the book will be non-returnable. We will require credit card information when you place the order.
Do signed books cost more?
There is no extra fee for a signed book!
Do I have to pick it up in the store, or can you deliver my signed book?
As with all web or phone orders, we can hold your book for in-store pickup, or ship it anywhere in the country.
I am planning to attend an author event. Do I need to pre-order a book?
No need. We'll be selling books at the event, and nearly all of our events include a signing at the end of the talk.
More questions? Give us a call!
Featured event books will be for sale at the event for 20% off. Thank you for supporting this author series with your purchases.
Updates during COVID-19
Review our guidelines for visitors and other updates on hours and services at Harvard Book Store this summer.Learn More »
Stay Up Late Fundraiser
Stay up late into the night with our limited edition t-shirt and tote bag, a Harvard Book Store fundraiser.Learn More »
Support Harvard Book Store
Thank you for making a financial contribution to support Harvard Book StoreLearn More »