Ann Patchett Book Signing
a signing of
Tom Lake: A Novel
with Ann Patchett
August 7, 2023
12:00 PM ET
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
$31.88 (book included)
Harvard Book Store is pleased to welcome renowned author ANN PATCHETT for a signing of her novel Tom Lake. The signing will take place beginning at 12:00pm on Monday, August 7. The signing will end at 1:30pm. People who have registered should arrive between 11:45am, when doors to the signing line open, and 1:00pm to ensure their spot in line.
- This is a book signing only. See the signing guidelines below.
- Each ticket includes 1 copy of Ann Patchett's Tom Lake and admission to the signing line.
- Tickets to the signing line are ONLY for the signing line from 12:00pm to 1:30pm at Harvard Book Store.
- People who have already ordered copies of Tom Lake from Harvard Book Store are welcome to join the signing line and do not need to purchase a ticket, so long as they have proof of purchase.
- Tickets to Ann's event at the Brattle Theatre with Richard Russo later in the day are completely sold out.
- People who do have Tom Lake-included tickets for the sold out Brattle event later in the day and would like their copy of Tom Lake personalized by Ann, are welcome to come to this signing at the bookstore and do not need to purchase a ticket to the signing line. Ann will not be personalizing books at the Brattle Theatre event, but all event copies will be autographed.
Tickets and Book Pickup
- Tickets are required to join the signing line. Each ticket includes one (1) copy of Tom Lake and admits two (2) to the signing line.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Additional copies of Tom Lake will be available for purchase at the bookstore.
- Books included with ticket purchase can be picked up the afternoon of the signing, but not before.
- The signing will begin at 12:00pm on Monday, August 7, 2023.
- Doors will open to the signing line at 11:45am. Harvard Book Store event staff will instruct attendees where to line up.
- Ticket holders will receive their books when checking in on the afternoon of the event.
- The signing will end at 1:30pm. Folks who have registered should arrive between 11:45am, when doors to the signing line open, and 1:00pm to ensure their spot in line.
Signing Line Guidelines
- Ann will personalize ticket holders books, as well as sign her backlist titles. Please limit backlist titles to 3 per ticket holder.
- Due to Covid precautions, no selfies with the author will be allowed, and ticket holders must stay on the opposite side of her signing table.
Face masks are encouraged but not required.
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 2 minutes
As you exit the station, reverse your direction and walk east along Mass. Ave. in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. Cross Dunster St. and proceed along Mass. Ave for three more blocks. You will pass Au Bon Pain, JP Licks, and TD Bank. Harvard Book Store is located at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Plympton St.
Unable to attend a Harvard Book Store author event? You can still pre-order a signed book by one of our visiting authors.
While we can't guarantee fulfillment of a signed book pre-order, our authors are almost always able to sign extra books to fulfill such orders.
Ordering a signed book on harvard.com:
- Add the book to your shopping cart and then click Checkout.
- Specify in Order Comments that you want a signed copy of the book.
- Please note: online orders for signed copies must be placed at least one business day before the event. If you are ordering the day of, please call us instead.
Ordering a signed book by phone:
- Call us at (617) 661-1515 and one of our booksellers will take your order. Specify you'd like a signed copy.
- If you are requesting a personalized inscription and/or requesting your book be shipped, we'll need to take down credit card information. If you are planning to pick up the signed book in the store, you can pay on pick-up.
Can I request a personalized inscription?
Unless otherwise noted, we are happy to take requests for the author to sign your book to a specific person, but we can't guarantee it. If you do get a personalized inscription, the book will be non-returnable. We will require credit card information when you place the order.
Do signed books cost more?
There is no extra fee for a signed book!
Do I have to pick it up in the store, or can you deliver my signed book?
As with all web or phone orders, we can hold your book for in-store pickup, or ship it anywhere in the country.
I am planning to attend an author event. Do I need to pre-order a book?
No need. We'll be selling books at the event, and nearly all of our events include a signing at the end of the talk.
More questions? Give us a call!
Tote bags and pouches
in a variety of styles,
sizes, and designs, plus mugs, bookmarks, and more!
Shipping & Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »