We have three shipping options available to harvard.com customers:
- Saver (USPS media mail - Uninsured / Minimal Tracking)
- Basic (USPS priority mail - Detailed Tracking)
- Specialty (USPS media mail or priority, based on order contents)
Looking for Info on Curbside Pickup?
Review our curbside pickup FAQ and safety guidelines here.
Available for book orders
Orders $75 +
Shipping is FREE for book orders over $75
(though you may opt to contribute to the cost of shipping—thank you!)
Orders < $75
$3.99 for the first book
$0.99 for each additional item
This option is only available for orders within the contiguous United States.
Saver Shipping Details and Exclusions:
- Saver Shipping items will be sent via USPS Media Mail.
- Delivery time is generally 2–8 business days.
- USPS media mail is not insured, and offers minimal tracking information.
- Saver shipping does not apply to orders including non-book items (i.e. Harvard apparel, mugs, tote bags), Google Print-on-Demand, or bulk Print-on-Demand orders.
Available for book and non-book orders
$7.99 for first item
$1.29 for each additional item
Only available for orders within the United States
Basic Shipping Details and Exclusions:
- Basic Shipping orders will be delivered via UPS Ground and USPS Priority.
- Delivery time is generally 2–5 business days.
- USPS Priority Mail packages are insured for up to $50 and have detailed tracking information. Please note: Claims for lost or damaged packages must be reported by the customer to USPS.
- All items are shipped "no signature required." If you would prefer to have your order shipped with signature required on delivery, please indicate this in the Comments field. Additional charges apply.
- Basic shipping does not apply to orders including Google Print-on-Demand titles or to orders including both non-book items (i.e. Harvard apparel, mugs, tote bags) and other items.
- Expedited shipping may be available upon request. Please include special requests in the Comments field of the order form. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com. The total shipping cost listed on your automatically-generated invoice will not reflect any requested alternate shipping options. If your shipping cost varies from the standard flat rate, we will contact you for approval before charging your credit card.
Combined & Specialty Shipping
Google Print-on-Demand Titles
Because these titles require additional labor, the shipping cost is higher than we charge for other orders on our website. However, we no longer charge any additional resizing or processing fees on any print-on-demand titles ordered through our website.
Harvard University Clothing Orders
All orders for Harvard University Clothing will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail, which takes 2–5 business days. Please note, we cannot currently ship clothing orders to Canadian addresses.
Unless otherwise noted, all clothing is in stock and will ship out the following business day.
Sorry, in-store pickup is not available for University clothing orders.
Orders including both non-book items (i.e. Harvard apparel, mugs, tote bags) and books cannot be shipped media mail, and are not eligible for Saver shipping.
Sorry, Harvard Book Store does not accept orders originating outside of the United States.
Shopping as early as possible is the best way to ensure your gift shipments arrive in time for the holidays! (These guidelines were posted December 4, 2020.)
- Shop our recommended titles! The Holiday Hundred and Holiday Gift Ideas are recommended titles that we have stocked up on for the holidays. We will do our best to mark individual titles as "unavailable" if they sell out, and if restocking from the publisher becomes impossible.
- When shopping for books at harvard.com, note that items listed as "Special Order" will not to arrive before December 25th.
- Note that harvard.com lists the "in-stock" status of titles, but that this is not live updating. Items are selling quickly this time of year. Items marked as "in-stock" may not actually be available.
We are already experiencing shipping delays with incoming and outgoing shipments, so for the very best chance that you receive your harvard.com orders before December 25, please note the following dates.
- Place web orders for SHIPMENT by Friday, December 11 and choose an option that ships "USPS Priority" rather than "USPS Media Mail." At this point we'd strongly recommend against the "Saver" shipping option at checkout, which is economical but less speedy.
- Place web orders for CURBSIDE PICKUP by Tuesday, December 15.
- Place orders for GIFT CARDS (to be mailed) by Friday, December 18.
- We have taken into account several days of processing time with the estimates above. The USPS suggests packages be mailed out by December 15 for Media Mail ("Saver" on harvard.com) and by December 19 for Priority Mail. That said, there may be additional COVID-19-related delays.
Shopping last minute?
Give a Signed First Edition Club gift subscription. This book-a-month club subscription is available for six months, a year, or indefinitely.
Purchase one of our new Quick Gift Bundles. Place orders for QUICK GIFT BUNDLES by Sunday, December 20. These bundles are a one-stop-shop and are intended to ship directly to your recipients and include a Harvard Book Store gift card and other bookish swag—a perfect gift for any bibliophile.
Purchase online-only gift codes, which will be processed daily and emailed to recipients. These are e-gift cards, for use only on harvard.com. This is a great literally last-minute gift for book lovers. You just need the recipient's email address. Orders for online-only gift codes can be placed through Friday, December 25.
Shipping & Curbside Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
New This Week
Shop this week's new arrivals, updated every Tuesday.Learn More »
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »