Carly Simon Book Signing
for her latest book
Touched by the Sun:
My Friendship with Jackie
October 26, 2019
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
$28.75 (book included) - On Sale Now
Harvard Book Store welcomes award-winning musician and writer CARLY SIMON for a signing of her latest book, Touched by the Sun: My Friendship with Jackie.
- This is a book signing event only. See the event's signing guidelines below.
- Each ticket includes 1 copy of Touched by the Sun and admission to the signing line for 2 people.
Tickets and Book Pickup
- Tickets are required to join the signing line. Each ticket includes one (1) copy of Touched by the Sun.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Additional copies of Touched by the Sun will be available for purchase.
- Books included with ticket purchase can be picked up the afternoon of the signing, but not before.
- The signing will begin at 4:00pm on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
- Doors will open to the signing line shortly before 4. Until then the line will form outside the store, down Plympton Street (towards Mount Auburn Street).
- Ticket holders will receive their books when checking in on the afternoon of the event.
Signing Line Guidelines
- This is a book signing only—no memorabilia.
- Due to limited time, no personalizations or posed photos.
About Touched by the Sun
A chance encounter at a summer party on Martha’s Vineyard blossomed into an improbable but enduring friendship. Carly Simon and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis made an unlikely pair―Carly, a free and artistic spirit still reeling from her recent divorce, searching for meaning, new love, and an anchor; and Jackie, one of the most celebrated, meticulous, unknowable women in American history. Nonetheless, over the next decade their lives merged in inextricable and complex ways, and they forged a connection deeper than either could ever have foreseen. The time they spent together―lingering lunches and creative collaborations, nights out on the town and movie dates―brought a welcome lightness and comfort to their days, but their conversations often veered into more profound territory as they helped each other navigate the shifting waters of life lived, publicly, in the wake of great love and great loss.
An intimate, vulnerable, and insightful portrait of the bond that grew between two iconic and starkly different American women, Carly Simon’s Touched by the Sun is a chronicle, in loving detail, of the late friendship she and Jackie shared. It is a meditation on the ways someone can unexpectedly enter our lives and change its course, as well as a celebration of kinship in all its many forms.
Ticket holders will receive their books when checking in on the afternoon of the event. All ticket purchases are nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Anyone unable to attend the event will be able to pick up books at the store up to one month after the event.
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 2 minutes
As you exit the station, reverse your direction and walk east along Mass. Ave. in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. Cross Dunster St. and proceed along Mass. Ave for three more blocks. You will pass Au Bon Pain, JP Licks, and TD Bank. Harvard Book Store is located at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Plympton St.
Thank you for your support!
Here are a few of the ways you can support your bookstore during challenging and uncertain times.Learn More »
Shipping & Delivery
and options, locally
Support Harvard Book Store
Thank you for making a financial contribution to support Harvard Book StoreLearn More »