Harvard Book Store Gives Back: Cambridge Public Library Literacy Project
Today, your purchases at Harvard Book Store support the Cambridge Public Library Literacy Project
December 2, 2012
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
This event is free; no tickets are required.
The Gives Back program is a way for the Harvard Book Store to contribute to local organizations during the holidays. On each Sunday of the holiday season, a percentage of in-store and online sales will go to one of our selected charitable organizations.
The Literacy Project serves the learning needs of adults and their children.
Typical learners include:
- immigrants who are non-native English speakers – who want to improve their spoken and written English
- adults who want to prepare for the GED, TOEFL exam, citizenship exam, driver's license exam, and other civil service or professional licensing exams
- adults who are in community colleges and need help with homework
- adults who want to study computer basics (Word, Internet and Email)
- children of these learners who need help with homework or need to improve their basic academic skills
The Literacy Project offers organized classes in English conversation, citizenship, job hunting/resume writing and computers.
Learn more about the Cambridge Public Library Literacy Project here: http://www.cambridgema.gov/cpl/Services/theliteracyproject.aspx
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 2 minutes
As you exit the station, reverse your direction and walk east along Mass. Ave. in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. Cross Dunster St. and proceed along Mass. Ave for three more blocks. You will pass Au Bon Pain, JP Licks, and TD Bank. Harvard Book Store is located at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Plympton St.
On media mail orders throughout the U.S. until December 31, 2014. Choose "Saver Shipping" at checkout. (Estimated delivery time is 2-7 business days.)Learn More »
Shipping & Delivery
and options, locally
Introducing Kobo, our new eReading partner. Kobo is the best way to read eBooks while supporting Harvard Book Store.Learn More »