Frequent Buyer Sale: Day Two
Shop Early, Shop Local
20% off your purchases!
in-store with your Frequent Buyer Card or
with our coupon code on harvard.com
Sat, October 16–Sun, Oct 17
October 17, 2021
10:00 AM ET
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
This event is free; no tickets are required.
One of the highlights of our fall calendar each year is our annual Frequent Buyer Sale, an opportunity to kick off holiday shopping and stock up on the most buzzed-about and award-winning new books of the year. (Learn more about Frequent Buyer card benefits here.)
You’ll be hearing this from us a lot, once again, this year—shop early! shop local! and October is the new December! Our Frequent Buyer Sale will be a bit different this year than in pre-COVID times.
- It's earlier. We are encouraging our customers to shop earlier than usual for the holidays this year. We're still offering 20% off your purchases for the annual sale, which will take place in October instead of November.
- It's two days instead of one.
- If you’re shopping on harvard.com, you don't need a Frequent Buyer card to earn the discount during the sale weekend. Just use coupon code SHOPEARLY at checkout during the sale on Saturday, October 16 and Sunday, October 17 for 20% off. We will sign you up for our Frequent Buyer card and email newsletter if you aren't signed up already.
- For those shopping in-store, you must have a Frequent Buyer card to earn the discount. We will not be signing up new members during the sale, so sign up before October 16th!
- For those shopping online, please know that our Frequent Buyer Sale is the busiest time of year for our team of web booksellers. Depending on order volume, it is likely that most orders will take a minimum of 2–3 weeks to be processed and ready for pickup or mailout (particularly if your order includes items not in stock.) You will be contacted when your order is ready, and we thank you for your patience! Our team will also contact you with with ETAs for items that are not in stock, with the option to cancel them from your order if you prefer. (And we hope to exceed expectations with a quicker turnaround as much as possible!)
Sign up for a Frequent Buyer card before October 16th to be eligible for the sale if you are shopping in person. Don′t worry, you don′t need your physical card . . . we are always happy to look up your account. If you are shopping online, just use coupon code SHOPEARLY.
Here are our shopping hours for the Frequent Buyer Sale. Curbside pickup services will continue normally during the sale.
- Saturday, October 16: 9am to 11pm
- Sunday, October 17: 10am to 10pm
Shopping from home? Our Frequent Buyer Sale will also take place online at harvard.com, and you don't need a Frequent Buyer account to be eligible for the online sale! Simply use coupon code SHOPEARLY at checkout to receive the discount. If you are not yet a Frequent Buyer, we’ll sign you up for a free Frequent Buyer Card and our email newsletter.
- New books
- Remainders (remaindered books are only available in-store)
- Print-on-demand titles in our database
- Boxed holiday cards
- Cards, calendars, stationary
- Clothing, tote bags, mugs
- Chocolate, puzzles, gift items (sold in-store)
- Special orders placed and paid for on the day of the sale
- Web orders placed on harvard.com with coupon code SHOPEARLY
The sale does not compound the discount on already 20% off discounted items. Gift cards, online gift codes, Signed First Edition Club subscriptions, event tickets, books bundled with event tickets, self publishing fees, and periodicals are not included in the sale. Purchases made off-site and via third parties (our affiliate storefront at Bookshop.org and Libro.fm, merchandise from Bonfire) are also excluded.
Ask a bookseller or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Frequent Buyer Membership
Our Frequent Buyer Program is our way of saying "Thank You" to all the customers who choose to shop at Harvard Book Store, a locally owned independent bookstore. It's free to sign up, and members will receive various benefits beyond the annual Frequent Buyer Sale! Learn more here.
Walking from the Harvard Square T station: 2 minutes
As you exit the station, reverse your direction and walk east along Mass. Ave. in front of the Cambridge Savings Bank. Cross Dunster St. and proceed along Mass. Ave for three more blocks. You will pass Au Bon Pain, JP Licks, and TD Bank. Harvard Book Store is located at the corner of Mass. Ave. and Plympton St.
New This Week
Shop this week's new arrivals, updated every Tuesday.Learn More »
Shipping & Curbside Pickup
We ship anywhere in the U.S. and orders of $75+ ship free via media mail!Learn More »
Tote bags and pouches
in a variety of styles,
sizes, and designs, plus mugs, bookmarks, and more!
Noteworthy Signed Books: Join the Club!
Join our Signed First Edition Club (or give a gift subscription) for a signed book of great literary merit, delivered to you monthly.Learn More »